About This Site:

About This Site: My name is Rick Balsamo. For many years I was involved as a volunteer with the camping and other social activities of the Chicagoland Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), and then with those same type of activities with the organization that became the Association of Horizon, a non-profit providing social activities for the disabled that was started by MDA volunteers. This site is a record of my experiences in pictures and words. Please read the background and informational posts about this site and the use of the pictures on it, under the "General" label linked to over on the right side, and consider commenting whenever you can, and most importantly, consider a donation to the Association of Horizon (link).

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

1983 MDA Camp Hastings -- Part 1

Last summer was 30 years since the 1983 Chicagoland MDA Summer Camp.  It doesn't seem like that long ago.  Here's the first batch of photos from that summer that I've scanned.  
Rick Balsamo

PS -- Please leave a comment with any help with names; it would be appreciated.



Diane Kudron (r) & Friend
Barb Kudron (r) & Friend





















Kenny Gilford (l) & Friend
Virginia Smith (l) & Friend













Patty Riley & Rick Balsamo


Elizabeth Schwartz & Amaal Abdallah
Danny Martin & Amy Macak
Linda Feeley & Kathy Kingston

Jack Magic & Tim Stagg

 Irving Berns & Bill Leslie




Lisa Bertolini (r) & Friend

Mike Engels & Friend



5 comments:

  1. Hey Ricky!
    What a great blog you put together! I found it last month when the news of Jimmy Liptak came across someone's Facebook. Came back to it today and caught up some more. Thanks for posting the pics of Diane & I. Gosh those were the days. Hope the years have treated you well.
    With Fond Memories,
    Barb Kudron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb! Great to hear from you. One of these days maybe there'll be a massive reunion and we'll all catch up in person. Meanwhile, I've got lots more pictures, and some audio files, to post up. Formatting is a bit of a pain, but I'm getting the hang of it. And on another one of those days I may figure out that Facebook thing I keep hearing about -- my daughter Tina says even an older guy like me should be able to figure it out. Take care, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS -- Any help with names would be appreciated. I think I'll call anyone whose name I can't remember "friend". Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Rick, I think that is Virginia Smith, not Georgia Tharrington. Great pictures!
    --Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chris. Virginia Smith it is!

    ReplyDelete